Energy Committee- June 14, 2012
Ken Colburn Bill Bayard Reed Leberman Mark Billings
Deborah Crosby Phil McCormack
Minutes from May 10, 2012
- Motion to approve minutes by Mark, seconded by Nate. Voted Unanimously.
The first agenda item for this meeting was the July 10, 2012 meeting with the Planning Board. The Planning Board has the responsibility for the update to the Town of Meredith’s Master Plan and on July 10th, representatives from five of the Town’s commissions/committees will meet to discuss issues relevant to the updated Master Plan. On July 11th, the remaining committees and commissions will hold a similar discussion.
- Chairman Colburn will be out of town on July 10th and Vice-Chair Bayard also serves as Chairman of The Planning Board and attending the meeting in that capacity. Mark Billings will attend the meeting representing the Meredith Conservation Commission as well as the Meredith Energy Committee. One other member may attend, understanding we do not want to have four or more members (quorum) from the Energy Committee.
- The Planning Board circulated a short questionnaire to all committees and commissions as a basis for the initial discussion. Chairman Colburn has drafted the responses to the four questions posed by the Planning Board and circulated them for comment by the members.
- It was emphasized that this meeting is the initial discussion in what will be an 18 to 24 month process in updating the Town’s Master Plan and that this is not a “joint” committee meeting. It was the committee’s view that the conversation in the meeting should remain a “high level” discussion about the energy related issue the town faces.
The second agenda item was John Edgar’s update on his work on the ENERGY CHAPTER for the updated Master Plan. This will be the first Master Plan with a chapter specific to energy. John presented an preliminary outline for the chapter.
- Existing Conditions & Issues
John also spoke about the issues surrounding reliable and usable data pertaining to transportation and its place in the discussion about energy and greenhouse gas emissions.
It was noted that the Planning Board will hold a PUBLIC HEARING about the updated of the Master Plan at the Community Center on Aug 14, 2012.
Next meeting of the Energy Committee will be July 12, 2012
Motion to Adjourn by Mark, seconded by Bill. Voted unanimously.